Fruit Pudding Cake
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 cup milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Pour batter into a well greased 13 X 9" pan.
Cover batter evenly with 2 cups sweetened fruit, along with whatever juice gets scooped up.
Sprinkle with 1 cup of sugar.
Carefully, pour on 1 ½ cups boiling water.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes, until cake is golden and done.
The cake rises, the fruit and water make a yummy, thick sauce.
I love it with a little milk poured over it, my sister likes it with ice cream!
- This was one of my Grandmother’s favorite recipes.
- Use Blackberries, Black Raspberries, Cherries, Blueberries...any fairly firm fruit that will bake.
- Black Raspberry is my favorite.
- The bags of frozen mixed berries work very well.
- Canned berries or cherries would work. Do NOT use pie filling.