Mix together in the bottom of a roaster:
5 Tblsp. lemon juice
3-5 bay leaves
1 Tblsp. oregano
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. pepper
½ cup water
Lawry’s season salt to taste
Add 3 - 4 pound chuck roast.
Cover and bake at 250 degrees for 5 hours.
Remove bay leaves and any visible fat.
Shred with two forks, mix with juice and bake 15 minutes more.
Serve on Italian bread or hard rolls.
- Plan ahead, look for roasts on sale and freeze!
- OR...Cook up the meat and freeze it until the day of the party, or in smaller family-size containers.
- I put a frozen roast in the oven before I go to bed and set the timer. When I wake up, it’s done and ready to be shredded.
- 1 pound of meat makes 4 - 5 sandwiches.
- Crock pots and Nesco roasters work great for large parties.
- I cooked the roasts a couple at a time, shredded it and froze the meat in ice cream containers. Let it thaw the day before the party. On party day, set the roasters on low and enjoyed the day!
Close this window