1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon basil
3 cups chicken broth (homemade or canned)
2 1/2 cups cooked chopped chicken
1 pint cottage cheese or ricotta
1 egg slightly beaten
8 ounces cooked lasagna noodles
4 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 10 ounce bag of frozen broccoli florets thawed and drained well.
Prepare lasagna noodles according to package directions
Melt butter in saucepan, whisk in flour, salt and basil. Stir until sauce thickens and add chicken broth. Continue to stir until sauce thickens. Remove sauce from heat and stir in cooked chopped chicken. (I always make a bit more sauce than this recipe calls for).
In medium size bowl combine cottage or ricotta cheese with egg. Stir well.
Spray a 9x13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and then begin building layers of lasagna into your baking dish.
1) Spread 1/3 of chicken sauce over bottom of greased baking dish.
2) Place 1/3 of lasagna noodles over chicken sauce.
3) Spread 1/3 of cottage cheese and egg mixture over lasagna noodles.
4) Place 1/3 of thawed and drained broccoli florets over cottage cheese mixture.
5) Place 1/3 of mozzarella slices over broccoli florets.
6) Repeat layers and end with last bit of chicken sauce mixture for top of lasagna.
7) Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.
* A wonderful crowd pleasing dish to serve on a crisp autumn evening. Complete it by adding a tossed salad and a great crusted artesian bread...Mama Mia!
Close this window