1 bag of spinach
1 head of romaine or red leaf lettuce
Cherry or grape tomatoes
grated or sliced carrots
chopped red, green and yellow peppers
broccoli and cauliflower
craisins or raisins
chopped apple or pears
strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges
cashews, croutons, sunflower seeds, almonds, pecans or walnuts
bacon, cooked and crumbled
chilled, cubed, cooked chicken, ham or beef
hot, thinly sliced leftover beef is great too!
Chilled pasta or tortellini, cooked per package directions.
- Make sure there are at least five colors in every salad!
- Mix up your greens, experiment, so you can always select whatever the store offers that looks fresh and crisp.
- Do experiment with your favorite salad dressings and cheeses.
- Think “salty, sweet, crunchy and chewy” and choose of each.
- Cut some, chop some, and grate some veggies to vary textures, colors, and add variety.
- Add meats or pasta to make a salad an entire meal.
Close this window